Opening Weekend Box Office: $50.4 million
* Highest opening film EVER in the month of October (passing 2003’s Scary Movie 3’s $48.1M)
* 9th highest opening R-Rated film of all-time and 2nd highest for a comedy only behind 2008’s Sex and the City ($57M)
* 9th highest opening 3D film (9th to have a $50M+ opening – best for an R-Rated film and best for a comedy)
* 10th highest opening comedy all-time
* 102nd highest opening all-time for a film right between 2 Fast 2 Furious ($50.47M) and Mr. & Mrs. Smith ($50.34M)
* and, the highest opening ever for a non-scripted/documentary-esque film!
* 60% of the audience was male while the 40% female share is a 15% increase from the previous installment
* two-thirds of the audience were under 25
This blows the mind, really. Thanks for letting me brag a bit.
I promise that tomorrow we will discuss something besides the movie.
Amazon Affiliate links included.