....and other musings from the late-pregnancy trenches.
I am disproportioned enough that strangers are starting to say things like, "Wow, any day now, huh?" And I have to either smile and nod (if I'm feeling generous) or sigh and grimace and mutter that I still have two months left.
I probably have less than two months left. Pigtail came early, and my doctor recently informed me that second babies tend to come even earlier than the first. I can't decide if this is good news.
I am a pregnancy cliche for these reasons:
1. I am RAVENOUS all the time. I want to eat, and then for dessert eat a whole 'nother meal.
2. I carry Tums with me to combat heartburn and acid reflux. I am more diligent about making sure I have my berry Tums than I am about having my phone or keys.
3. I don't sleep well, and yet I want to sleep all the time.
4. Everything makes me cry. Sad things, happy things, nothings, tears are appropriate for any given moment.
I buck all pregnancy jokes by:
1. Not craving anything in particular.
2. Not going to the bathroom with any more frequency than normal, though I've been drinking more water than I ever have in my life. Not that it's saying much.
3. My hair and nails do not appear to be longer or glossier than they normally are. (Although I will say that my skin is about 400x better while pregnant with a boy than it was while pregnant with a girl. Is testosterone magic?)
I think that some people just handle pregnancy better than others. I am one of those who is not good at pregnancy. I feel very blessed that I've had a (so far) uneventful maternity, but almost every day is a roller coaster.
This week we made some key decisions on the new nursery and toddler bedroom. I can't wait to show you how it's coming together! Six to eight weeks to go. I know that it will fly by, and in some ways be the most wonderful part of the process.