I hear from readers on such a variety of issues, and this connection is one of my very favorite parts of blogging. Whenever someone asks me a question in the comments or via email or twitter, I always assume that at least a few other readers wondered the same thing, which is why I generally try to answer publicly.
Many times it's a reader's question that has spawned a whole new post or series of posts. So I wanted to take today to tell you that I encourage questions and bloggy suggestions. I'd love it if you would ask the question in the comments of this post, so others could see, but if you're not the blog commenting type, please feel free to email me at housewife (at) hollywood housewife dot com, or contact me via twitter @hollywoodhwife.
I'll answer some right away, others I might save for a future post. And some questions, I'm sure you understand, might never be addressed here.
Periodically, I also try to get a general feel of what's resonating with you guys and what isn't, what's funky about the technical aspects of the blog, and what you wish you could see more of. Here are a few things I'm curious about. Feel free to answer all or just what's relevant to you:
- does HH load quickly in your browser? (If you've ever had trouble with this, please let me know whether you're Mac or PC and what browser you're using)
- is the font clear and easy to read?
- are the pictures too big or not big enough?
2. Form (for subscribers only)
- email subscribers: do your updates come through in a way that's easy to read, and do you like the time that they arrive (my current feed should hit your inboxes in the morning)?
- facebook subscribers: do you like that my updates are only once a day (a link to that day's post) or do you wish that there was more interaction over there, separate from the blog content?
- what are you favorite types of posts: Mommy Mondays, Lazy Beauty, book or product reviews, entertainment behind-the-scenes, home & entertaining, or my random musings.
- I try to be very selective about it, but please let me know honestly how you feel about the giveaways. Do you think there are too many, not enough, or just the right number?
- is there something you wish I would cover that I haven't? I suppose this goes back to the "Ask HH" thing, but if there is something that you're curious about or that you think I've left a gaping hole in, please let me know.