Welcome to Mommy Mondays, my designated day to talk about all things mommy. If you're new here, you should know that I'm minutes away from delivering my second child.
The countdown is here. Our bags are packed and waiting by the door.
Now, my personal belief is that packing for the hospital is a little bit futile. With Pigtail's delivery, I barely opened my bag for the entire four days of my stay. But I'm going through the motions yet again, and afterwards I'll let you know how much of it is actually used.
1. Chargers for two different cameras, and the charger for my phone and iPad.
2. Point-and-shoot camera (to be used in addition to the DSLR used to snap the above photo, and my camera phone. We are nothing if not prepared in the camera department).
3. Deodorant (for obvious reasons) and various ponytail holders, bobby pins, etc.
4. Dry shampoo. Just in case.
5. Wipes. MAC wipes for me, baby wipes for baby.
6. General toiletries.
7. Two outfits and a soft blanket for baby. TIP: the best first outfits for a newborn are zip up and not over-the-head. They're so tiny and fragile, it's not fun to pull and tug outfits over their head in the beginning, especially for your first child.
8. My own pillow and pillowcase. Because I'm particular about that sort of thing. And also because anything that smells familiar or brings you comfort when you're staying in the hospital is a good thing.
9. A pair of cute pajamas. Is this laughable? I remember distinctly staying in the hospital gown.
10. Soft shirts and two coming home outfits for myself.
11. Socks. 'Cause my swollen feet will surely get cold.
12. iPad. For my internet addiction. It also holds my music and books.
13. Journal. Don't want to miss a thing.
NOT PICTURED: Underwear and nursing bras. Feminine hygiene products (since what the hospital provides is a little...industrial). Whatever I normally carry in my purse: wallet, phone, etc. Laptop (because I haven't decided if I'm going to take it or not).
Help my scattered brain - am I missing something obvious? Should we take bets on how many of these items will ever leave the bag?