Last weekend we threw a double kid birthday party. It was super fun and chaotic and sugar-filled, just like such a party should be.
(These cookie party favors are custom made by Kelley Hart. Aren't they just the cutest? Her stuff is awesome, and she SHIPS! You might recognize her name because I've long loved her kid clothing line.)
I swear I think I'm still recovering. No one warns you about kid parties, man. They're like events.
On the HH facebook page this week, I shared a great quote from the book Daring Greatly by Brene Brown that got some reaction. I just finished the book a few weeks ago, but I'm still digesting it. I'll post about it soon.
We also talked a little bit about Instagram. Be part of the conversation by liking the HH facebook page.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- Aren't these pictures of moms beautiful? They make me a little misty-eyed. (The Glow)
- Last week I was so excited to meet Maegan from ...loveMaegan. Do you read her blog? I love it. She always looks the perfect amount of fab, but not too overdone.
- Keeping it in the family, Morgan wrote a great piece on Babble on How to Take Better Instagrams. Morgan is definitely one of the best Instagrammers in my stream.
- I'm not so into Halloween myself, but I thought this kind of thing would be super cute for a party. Like, if you were the type of person to have stylish parties and not sharky ones. (Camille Styles)
- My column at allParenting this week was about Makeup Tools. Are you using the right ones? Do you use any?
We are excited for a semi-lazy weekend. It's finally gotten breezy in Los Angeles!
Happy weekend, HH readers!
Enter your email address in the box in the right sidebar to receive my posts as emails, or subscribe using your favorite reader. If you're more the facebook type, you can "like" HH here and receive all my posts + original content in your news stream.