I had my annual Valentine-making party at Art Works in Hollywood this week. As usual, it was so fun and strangely therapeutic to sip champagne and craft alongside smart and funny women. If you're looking for something fun to do with your friends this weekend, throw this together. It couldn't be any simpler. I give details how here.
A sampling from this week's Instagram feed. Not pictured: me, hunkered in bed on and off with a terrible tension headache. Pictured: me, eating fried food after finding that chair shopping but before my party.
I was also very lucky to attend a lunch for Los Angeles bloggers where I met some wonderful new faces. This whole blogging thing never ceases to amaze me. Door and windows and friendships have been blown open in the last year.
Photo by Mia Johnstone, The Private School Lady
To take part in these titilating discussions, like the HH facebook page.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- Go read about this man Benjaman Kyle. He was named after Burger King. Sort of. (My Right Brain)
- My friend Lindsay posted about this white noise bumblebee toy that clips to the car seat. I sure could have used that when my kids were tiny. Actually, I could still probably use that. It would also make a great gift.
- Kirsten from 6th Street Design School was one of the amazing bloggers I met at Alt Summit last month. I loved her style and energy immediately. Go check her out.
- My friend Becca wrote about Important and Enough, and it was just what I needed to hear in that moment.
- This will give you pause. It did for me, and the issue is something that's close to my heart. My Child is in the Psychiatric Hospital and No One Cares. (You Are A Great Kid)
- My friend Nora wrote a Dear Teen Me that summed up quite a bit. I don't even know what I would say to a teen me. That's okay, teen me wouldn't have listened anyway.
Happy Weekend! We have family pictures scheduled with Jules Bianchi and some much-needed lazy family time to attend to.
Don't miss a word! Enter your email address in the box in the right sidebar to receive my posts as emails, or subscribe using your favorite reader. If you're more the facebook type, you can "like" HH here and receive all my posts + original content in your news stream.