The year is just speeding right along, isn't it? I have so much coming up in the next few months, all amazing, that I'm struggling to keep my head above water. I don't really do Lent, but the season in general has made me reevalute what I need to give up, where I need to focus, and what (and who!) I should enjoy.
Shuffling around priorities and trimming the fat is a lot easier for me to do when I'm not coming from a place of desperation. I feel strong, I feel good, I feel busy. And the smallest tweaks have reaped the biggest rewards. I could really relate to my friend Shauna Niequist's post about Anti-Frantic. We've sort of adopted the same sort of policy around here (failing miserably some days, but then starting over), and it does make a difference in my overall attitude.
This week on the HH facebook page I shared the book that I'm flying through for book club, and I broke the news that I'll be speaking about writing this spring at the Mom 2.0 summit in Laguna Niquel. You can view the entire list of speakers here.
If you like the HH facebook page, I'll send you all our uneaten Valentine candy. Just kidding. There's no such thing as uneaten Valentine candy.
- My new favorite Pinterest board is by Scary Mommy and it makes me laugh out loud. If I ever do these, kill me. Please.
- Goop's LA City Guide. Yes, I bought it. Yes, I love Gwenyth.
- I am obsessed with the look of these Instagram photo books from Artifact Uprising. I haven't done my IG photo book for 2012 yet, but this might spur that along.
- Ah, Lil Blue Boo. She's one of the best, right?! I can't get over these practical kid party tips from her daughter's recent (amazing) birthday party.
- I want pulls on the back of my dining room chairs. (A Thoughtful Place)
We have a huge weekend planned. My beautiful nieces are coming for a few days and The Gorilla is finally home after a long week away shooting.
Don't miss a word! Enter your email address in the box in the right sidebar to receive my posts as emails, or subscribe using your favorite reader. If you're more the facebook type, you can "like" HH here and receive all my posts + original content in your news stream.