After this post on signature style, I just wanted cutoff corduroys. And lucky for me, I had an old pair from J.Crew in my winter stash. So cut them off I did. (Don't worry, I washed them after this photo, so they would fray in that classy way.)
Earlier this week I tried on some pants at Splendid (I have currently having a Splendid love affair) that might have changed my summer. They're called "Athletic Woven Pants" which I frankly do NOT understand because I will be doing nothing of the sort while wearing them. Two words: elastic waistband.
Follow me on Instagram for more blurry shots of my legs.
On the HH facebook page, we had a lengthy discussion about teacher appreciation gifts and about the most well-written tv shows of all time. You can like the HH page here to chime in with your own two cents (or just do what I do, and marvel at the diversity of everyone else).
For my column at allParenting, I asked Does Growing Up In LA Give Your Kid A Different Style Sense? I have my suspicions.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- Malibu Barbie Gets a Makeover from Trina Turk. Oh Trina, I just love your Palm Springs style. (LA Times)
- I shared this sort of rap/poem TedX talk called Unmasking Motherhood last week on the HH facebook page, but I want to post it here. Katherine Wintsch of The Mom Complex performed this talk at Mom 2.0 and I was just blown away. At about the 2-minute mark is when I got chills.
- The recovery in Oklahoma from the tornadoes goes on. Here's some insider thoughts from Lindsey Minerva, working there with World Vision.
- 5 Myths About Reading (guest post by Robert Bruce for Jeff Goins)
- This is one of the best things I've read on the internet lately. David Sedaris, you are good. Just so good. (The New Yorker)
- And it reminds me that Siblings Are A Gift, a look into this important relationship. (The New York Times)
We have a super full and fun weekend planned with tons of houseguests and laughter and there may or may not be a cake involved.
CLICK HERE to become an HH email subscriber. You'll never miss a thing!