My faith isn't something I talk about a ton on the blog, mainly because it's a subject I'm constantly mudding through. Going one direction, re-routing, confusing myself, returning to the basics, then starting over again. (You can read my faith story for more details.) But there's a book about to drop in November written by my friend Sarah Bessey and I'll be talking about it a little more in the weeks to come. Sarah is one of the voices who spoke into my life in the last couple of years, reminding me of who I am. Her book Jesus Feminist turns things I thought I knew on their head.
While you're in facebook land, check out the HH facebook page, where this week I talked about something I forced myself to give up and I cheered on a teeny little part of the government. (Yes, even this week there was something about the government worth celebrating.)
WE'RE GOING TO EUROPE TOMORROW!
Excitement is in the air. Actually, procrastination is in the air because I haven't packed a single solitary item, but excitement is next on the air's agenda. Don't get any ideas, burglars, my parents are here at the house holding down the fort.
The Gorilla will be promoting his little heart out, but I won't be. (His movie comes out October 25, go see it!) I'll be blogging as much as I can next week (which may be every day, or no days at all. I'm not sure about our schedule or the internet situation), but you can guarantee I'll be Instagramming my way through the whole trip.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- This made me laugh. Twiddling My Thumbs (But My Future Looks Awesome) (NYC Taught Me)
- The Best French Fries in Los Angeles. I took notes. (Refinery 29)
- Fellow bloggers, have you seen this yet? Where Bloggers Blog. It's fun to peak at other people's spaces.
- The Pioneer Woman posted about these Peanut Butter Cup Cookies. So easy even I could try to make these. And for some reason they seem fall-ish. 'Cause they're brown? Don't mind me.
- Domino Magazine Is Back and I think this article about it by Grace Bonney gave room for thought about how publishing and retail can/should co-exist. (Design Sponge)
- Hard Days. I know something about this and the mind swirl that comes with it. I'm trying to manage my own hard days better, and I liked these tips. (La La Lovely)
Happy Weekend! I'll spend a good chunk of mine on an airplane. But somehow, that doesn't seem so bad.
CLICK HERE to become an HH email subscriber. It's the cool thing to do.