We took a last minute trip to Disneyland yesterday. I highly recommend it.
(Now if I could only make myself take advantage of all the other California treats we tend to ignore.)
This week on the HH facebook page, we had a fascinating discussion about washing your hair around workouts. (No, really. It was helpful for me. Because as much as I'm not loving my February challenge, the shower/hair thing has been one of the biggest hurdles.)
I also posted a quote I saw over at andKathleen that really spoke to me, and shared a book my friend Shawn Smucker wrote. Speaking of Shawn, he happened to be in town this week at the same time as our other friend Roxy. You might remember this crew from our Sri Lanka trip. It was so fun to have a mini-reunion and catch up on our lives and our hearts and our writing. If the opportunity ever presents itself to you to take a trip around the world with interesting people, take it. It will change your life.
On Instagram I posted how the kids and I were spending the Super Bowl hours, and just another day at The Gorilla's office.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- 10 Tips for Styling Large Living Rooms (& Other Awkward Spaces) I have an oddly sized living room, so I needed to read this. (The Inspired Room)
- Oh, hey look at this! My post earlier this week about backing up photos was all about doing it manually, because photostream (and similar) was just way too bulky for me. But here's a solution from Alli Worthington: How To Back Up And Save Instagram Photos. I gotta try it this way.
- Well you know how I feel about productivity posts: Ultimate Emails Tips That Have Changed My Life (Love Grows Design)
- Amazon Prime Was Too Good To Be True After All. I knew it. (Wired)
- Super interesting for bloggers: I Make My Living Off A Blog No One's Heard Of (The Everygirl)
- Now THIS is fascinating: How LED Streetlights Will Change Movies. Especially Los Angeles. I'm sort of sad about this, LA has such a specific look on the screen (and in real life). And now it won't? (Gizmodo)
This weekend we have a party to go to and yoga to do and - my favorite - a laid back date night.
Happy weekend, everyone!
CLICK HERE to become an HH email subscriber. Everyone who is anyone does.