We have hearts everywhere today. We did a date night last night (nothing says romance like a basketball game!) and will have fun with the kids tonight. Do you celebrate?
Don't forget about the Lindsay Letters giveaway! It ends tonight.
On the HH facebook page this week I took a lot of recommendations for my latest beauty experiment and I shared something that only the Frozen-obsessed families could love.
On another note, my friend Arianne is one of 6 teachers in an ecourse called Turning Your Hobby Into A Business. This looks like it would be helpful if you were thinking of taking that path. Check it out.
The Secret Posts will go out next week, are you on the list? There are several big things to talk about.
- I don't usually wade into these kind of conversations, especially online. But I do like what my friend Andrea has been doing over her Babble column called Gwyneth Made Me Do It and her research on clean food and cooking. I read her conclusions with interest on GMO's and Mislabeling. It's so easy for misinformation to spread like wildfire.
- I have imaginary relationships with real people. (Remember how Arby's Keeps Me Pretty?) I thought I was the only one. But here's A Letter To Vince From Blockbuster. (Laura Turner)
- A couple of weeks ago on the HH facebook page, I asked about making ranch dressing. I still plan to do my own experiment, but here's this from a cook I trust. (Fried Okra)
- I've been poking back around Pinterest a litte. Found this board on hand lettered fonts and had to share.
- The Courage To Rest. Lots to think about here. (Conversion Diary)
- Watch these hilarious women who have been BFF's for 94 years. NINETY-FOUR. This was really appropriate for me this week.
- More universally appropriate for this week is this long-form piece about the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal. I was barely a teenager when that happened, so I remember only the bare bones. While I'm not sure I believe everything written here, it has some very interesting commentary on ice skating culture and how the media can so easily twist a reputation one way and then another. (The Believer)
Do you have plans for the long weekend? We don't. Which is often the best plan of all.
Happy Valentines Day to you!
CLICK HERE to become an HH email subscriber. It's almost as awesome as a love letter.