Yesterday I was ridiculously excited to go to the grand opening of the Container Store at The Grove. I just love that place. And I won a box of goodies! What a treat.
It was just okay. The fabric was really clingy (and I even went a size up) and there wasn't a hook-and-eye, making it really hard to zip in the back. I had to step out and ask the saleswoman to help me. Also, the darts make it look like my natural assets were, uh, perky. And that's not really the attention I'm going for.
I liked the design, but in the end it was a "no" for me.
This week on the HH facebook page, I shared the new book I bought and how The Gorilla insulted me for not having a "sock game." But the thing that brought up the most comments was a genius idea for HGTV and also my parent's wedding photo. (Happy Anniversary to them!)
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- Discipline and Depression. "A parent’s depression during the toddler and preschooler years isn’t likely a sleep in and cry type, since that’s impossible, but rather a more irritable, everything pisses me off and I can’t enjoy anything type. You are less likely to recognize this agitation as depression, and think it’s because you’re just kind of bitchy."
- I really like how Emily Henderson is honest about her design and business mistakes. Even though the kitchen remodel she wrote about in this post was a few years ago, it still feels like she's taking her followers on her career journey. Wouldn't it be cool if more people did that?
- This made me laugh enough to send to several LA friends: 23 Words That Mean Something Different If You Work In Entertainment
- For the little kid birthday parties we attend, I almost always wrap up a set of crayons and a pad of paper as the gift. I try to make the presentation fun, but the gift isn't a toy. I'm not anti-toy, I just don't want to add to another family's clutter or decision making. Here are 18 Non-Toy Gifts for Children.
- The Changing Business of a Blog from Joy Cho, who I've followed for a long time.
- I think I link out to these posts making fun of Instagram too much, but they're funny. What I Instagrammed Vs. What Was Really Happening
- More Social Media Thoughts (this one's really interesting): Here's What Happens When Your Joke Goes Massively Viral On Twitter.
- Mixed thoughts on this one, but worth the read: I'm Not Prejudiced, I Just Don't Like 25% of Humanity.
I have a fun weekend planned. You?
PS - the Secret Posts will go out next week. Are you on the list?