I'm not gonna lie, the kids being in school part of the day has been pretty much life-changing. I had no idea how much I was multi-tasking to the detriment of everything. Now I'm able to work and be productive in the morning, then be with the kids in the afternoon. I'm so much more fully present in each place.
Every mother I've ever known has talked about seasons of life, how they change, how they change you. I just keep learning this lesson over and over again.
You know I love Lindsay Letters so much. I have THREE (count 'em - 3!) of her pieces in my house. She's offering 15% off everything in her shop through Tuesday with code FRESHFALL, so now would be a good time to pick up holiday gifts or decor.
This week on the HH facebook page, we talked about ideas for the last two monthly challenges, we had a Luxe Link flash giveaway (are you a winner, make sure and contact me!), and I shared a book that had me at the intro.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- Go ahead and put me into the category of people who did NOT idealize the story of Into the Wild, and did not find Chris McCandless or romantic or awesome. He straight pissed me off, to be honest. But this was still interesting, in light of new evidence. How Chris McCandless Died by Jon Krakauer. (New Yorker)
- About that mom who's not bragging about her kid. This hit close to home in my family, and it hurt my heart.
- This may be one of my favorite nurseries I've ever. Maybe I'm just a sucker for gold. And a striped ceiling. (A Storied Style)
- I am inspired by how awesomely my friend Lora Lynn handles money with her young kids. This will be a gift for them later in life.
- "People are looking to turn their pain into beautiful art, but they also want to be famous." John Cusack's interview about Hollywood and his new movie Maps to the Stars was an interesting read, no matter where you live.
Our live is about to get crazy busy. This is the last weekend for awhile where we're not jam-packed with stuff, and we plan to enjoy it.
*affiliate links may be included in this post. This means that if you click through and purchase anything, you are supporting this site at not additional cost to you. I link to sites all over the internet and I'm stingy about what I recommend.