Every year for the past four or five years, I've taken the same photo on the same porch in Colorado wearing the same clothes. It marks the time, doesn't it?
Kinda makes me wish I'd done more of these types of photos with the kids. It's never too late to start, I suppose.
I'll write an introductory post about it soon, but the next book in the Read Great Books literature challenge will be Charlotte Bronte's JANE EYRE. You can RSVP here for the group discussion we'll have about it on Monday, April 27. These chats are so fun and make reading the classics even better.
Don't forget that I'm co-hosting this Radical Forgiveness brunch at Kristen Howerton's home on Sunday. It's an open invitation and I'd really love to see you there. Read more details here and RSVP here.
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- There are lots of posts similar to this one, but I still like to read them. They serve as little reminders. Sometimes you have to hear a message over and over again for it to stick. Busy is a sickness.
- You might have seen this already, but it's good enough to share again. Don't miss the comments here, especially Grace Bonney's responses. There's some really interesting further conversation. Negativity online: An essay inspired by 200,000 comments.
- No one can do a room makeover quite like Mandi from Vintage Revivals. Loft living room reveal.
- The 10 Best cities for foodies. (I can't believe Los Angeles is on this list above New York! The Gorilla and I need to step up our restaurant-going game, I think.)
- Emily Henderson with the Best online fabric stores.
- A few months ago I did a lot of research and linking out to capsule wardrobes. Now some of those who did it for the winter are switching out for the spring, so I've been reading their updates with interest. Whoorl wrote her Winter Capsule Wrap Up and Mom Advice wrote about How to Second-Hand Shop for your wardrobe capsule.
- Lastly, this gave me something to think about: Give it away, give it away, give away now...
This weekend I'm hosting my sister-in-law and her sister while they run an impressive race here in LA, then on Sunday I'm hosting the Radical Forgiveness brunch. It's sunny and I'm home for the first weekend in a month and those things make me happy.
Happy weekend to you!