Every year I hesitate to put together a holiday gift guide because everyone is looking for something different for the special people in their life. Who am I to say what fits your style & budget? But I also know that nothing scrambles the brain more than going to the mall during the holidays. I've definitely fallen into the consumer trap of buying random items this time of year.
So here are a few gift ideas. Next week I'll post my favorite books of the year and my favorite beauty purchases this year. So stayed tuned if you need to check those things off your list.
In the meantime, here are a few things I either already own or are on my list to give or receive this season:
2. Michael Kors Watch Hunger Stop 100 Series watch in oversized gold with teal map face. As part of the Watch Hunger Stop campaign, with every purchase of this watch, the World Food Programme will provide 100 meals to children in need.
6. NARS Audacious lipstick. If you get the Secret Posts, you already know that I'm fully obsessed with the new NARS Audacious lipstick line. It's one of my favorite beauty buys of the year, and would make a perfect little stocking stuffer or sweet gift for a girlfriend.
For the kids...
1. Land of Nod striped canvas tent. We got this for our daughter's birthday last year and it has remained a hit. Plus it looks really cute, even in the living room.
2. Creature floor puzzles. These are huge and beautiful.
3. Shark vs. Train. This is my 3-year-old son's favorite book.
4. Magna Tiles. When my kids had birthdays in October, I asked the HH facebook community for gift ideas. Several people gave ringing endorsements for the Magna Tiles, so those will be wrapped under our tree this year.
6. Moon in my Room is one of those cheesy things that maybe you see in the pharmacy toy aisle. But we got one as a gift, and darn if my kids don't love to play with it.
For the home...
4. Monogrammed synthetic grass outdoor rug. (I want this for the summer!)
6. Custom ideal bookshelf. Can you think of a cooler gift for the reader in your life? I've wanted one of these for years. (Order quickly to get it in time for Christmas!)
These are just a few ideas. Look for the Best Of lists here next week and then if I come across any amazing deals or ideas, I'll also be posting some to the HH facebook page. Not because the season is all about "stuff," but because most of us are shopping and trying to find the best and most interesting gifts for people we care about.
*Everything in this post was hand selected by me without sponsors or perks involved. Some (but not all) of the links included are affiliate links. This means if you click through and purchases anything from these sites, it supports this blog at no additional cost to you.