Several people messaged me asking about different serving pieces from this outdoor dinner party, so I decided to show some of the best things I've picked up or eyed lately. Many of these items are for outdoor use, and a lot of them are on sale right now.
1. This hammered wine chiller from Pier 1 was the thing the most people asked about. Pier 1 has the best (and mostly reasonably priced) serving pieces. This thing is way lighter than it looks!
3. Octopus drink dispenser stand. One of my most sophisticated friends thought this was some kind of fine art, I laughed out loud when I told her it was from Pottery Barn! You do have to order the actual drink dispenser separately, and I chose a plastic one (shown) for outdoor use.
4. Punch bowl with ladle. Every hostess needs one.
Trays are a must-have for serving. They're functional and they can spice up a space.
9. Acrylic tumbler glasses (love these for outdoor)
10. Pottery Barn melamine dinner ware. I bought these for outdoor entertaining use after we finished the backyard remodel, but then I loved them so much I bought more for the lake when they went on sale!
11. Three-tier rectangular server. (Great for little bites or desserts!)
12. Chalkboard table signs. The kind of thing that is totally optional, and totally cute.
13. Porcelain dip bowl. Pier 1 has these in several sizes and shapes and you can use them for everything from nuts to dips to small servings. They're really inexpensive and useful.
Hope this inspires you to throw a little gathering!