We're back at the lake house after a few days of beach vacation. My family has been going to Kiawah island since before I was born, and in the last few years we've picked back up the tradition. It has been really special seeing my kids running down the same beach I played on when I was their age.
Speaking of sales...It's the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale right now. It seems too hot right now to think about fall and winter clothes, but there are some great classics at really good prices:
3. Satya constellation necklace (how cool is this?)
4. Rebecca Minkoff medium MAB bag (this makes a great computer bag)
My latest episode of Sorta Awesome is live now and we're talking about all things Hostess! I'm sharing my 5 most important tips for hosting a gathering, and we also talk about some major fails and embarrassments I've encountered by hosting all kinds of events over the years.
It's a fun chat, and I hope you'll listen and let me know your thoughts. You can listen and find the show notes here.
Finally, for your weekend reading pleasure:
- Viacom is a having a mid-life crisis. Especially interesting to our family, but also just a good read if you care at all about pop culture.
- One man's desperate quest to cure his son's epilepsy with weed. Again, this one is especially interesting to our family (my niece Carrie Ann has epilepsy), but it's also a conversation happening in science and culture.
- They've said too much. Memoir is probably my favorite genre, and this is about memoirists. It's also given me a lot to think about this week.
Happy weekend to you!