We've had a great few days in Austin screening The Gorilla's new documentary Angry Sky at the kickoff of the X-games. We've eaten our collective weight in delicious Texas food, and gotten to hug a few friends.
Angry Sky will air on ESPN on July 30. I can't wait for you to see this story. (Read more about the Angry Sky documentary here.)
This week on the HH facebook page, I shared pretty journal pages, an inspiring article about a Broadway mentor (who had a great quote that I can't stop thinking about), the importance of Judy Blume, and an old post I think we all needed to revisit.
Don't forget that The Awakening discussion for the Read Great Books literature challenge is this coming Tuesday, June 9. RSVP here. There's still time to read this short novella before we talk about it. Let's start our summer reading on a classic foot!
PS - Thank you Red Tricycle for naming HH as one of the 10 LA Parents You Should Be Following on Instagram. (I do love Instagram.)
For your weekend reading pleasure:
- A few great books on writing. (I like a lot of these, too. But my favorite book on writing is this one.) And then also, 10 Tools to Get You Writing.
- A few questions to ask your spouse, to know them even better. Or to yourself, just to think about. Or these could also be writing prompts. Tell me everything.
- Do you use the Getting Things Done method? I'm going to write more about this soon, but if you're already familiar, here's a cheat sheet for the five basic steps.
- Good (and convicting) thoughts here: The Pressure to Look Good.
- Because I love hearing about other women's secrets: Gemma's Beauty Routine.
Happy weekend to you!